After you have successfully registered and your account has been confirmed, enter your user name and password. Click on "Submit" button and the most sophisticated electronic database of Macedonian regulations in force will appear in a moment.
HOW TO SEARCH THE REGULATIONS DATABASE
In the main search tool choose one of the regulation or decision categories (Constitution, Laws, By-laws, Decisions of the Constitutional Court, and Decisions of the Regular Courts) and enter the parameters you know.
- The category "Constitution" contains the text of the Constitution and its amendments, which open by a simple click on the requested document.
- In the category "Laws", the "consolidated text" option is set as default search. But, if there are no amendments to the law, or no other law and/or decision of the Constitutional Court affects its legal validity, look for the respective law in the “original text” option.
- In the field "Title", you can write the full title of the regulation, but it is sufficient to write one word or only part of the word contained in the title of the regulation and you will get the requested results.
- By entering the correct issue number of the "Official Gazette", you may call up the respective regulations in the given category that have been published in the specified issue of the “Official Gazette” you have entered.
- By entering a specific year in the field "Year", you will get results of regulations that have been published in the year you have entered.
- For searching through the laws that are no longer valid, click on the “Out-of-force” field and depending on the data you are familiar with, enter a title, a number of the Official Gazette or a year of adoption as an additional search criterion.
- You can search through the category "By-laws" and "Decisions of the Constitutional Court" using the same functions as above, or by entering the title or part of the title of the law related to the by-laws, that is, the law or the by-law amended by the decision of the Constitutional Court.
- You can also search the category "By-laws" using the "By-law Type" option (for example: Rulebook, Instruction, Decree, etc.).
- By entering the unique “U. no.” of each decision, you can search the category "Decisions of the Constitutional Court".
- The number entered in the field “Year of publication” will call up and display the regulations published in the year you have entered.
- You can search the decisions of the regular courts based on several parameters: the law based on which they are adopted, the number of the court decision, the year of their adoption, the name of the court (basic, appellate, the Supreme Court or one of the two administrative courts), the type of the court decision (judgment, decision, conclusion, position, opinion), as well as the type of the court procedure (litigation, non-litigation, criminal, misdemeanor, etc.), within which there is an additional search option for the specific areas (for example, labor, contractual or trade disputes within the litigation procedure). You can combine several or use all of the parameters for more specific search results.
When searching the decisions of the regular courts based on the number of the court decision, you will get the desired results if you leave an empty space between the components of the number of the decision when entering it in the search tool (for example, ГЖ. бр. 82/13, instead of ГЖ.бр.82/13 or ГЖ. бр.82/13) or if you know the exact number of the decision (for example, ПРК-С-978/11, instead of ПРК С 978/11). If you are not completely sure about the full title of the decision, it is enough to enter only its numeric part (for example, 926/2012).
By clicking on the three classifications: "AKADEMIKA", "Bar Examination" and "EU", placed above the main search, numbered icons displaying areas of legislation where you can browse the requested law will open in front of you. When you position the cursor over a certain number, the title of the respective area of legislation in AKADEMIKA, Bar Examination and EU will be displayed. Click it and you will see all the consolidated texts of the laws, as well as the original texts if there are no amendments to the laws, that is, if no other law or decision of the Constitutional Court affects the legal validity of the original texts.
The tailor-made classifications "Akademika", "EU" and " Bar Examination" are intended to suit the needs of the user who lacks sufficient information to input the parameters in the main search tool, or is focused on a certain field within the law and needs a host of comparative information. For example, the "EU" classification gives a detailed information in which legal field of the official regulation classification used in the European Union the Macedonian laws belong to, while the "Bar Examination" classification is an excellent tool for all law graduates who study for their bar examination. It also gives the best survey of the Macedonian regulations sorted in accordance with the fields set out by the Program for Taking the Bar Examination. The classification "Akademika" is the easiest way to search through the areas of the Macedonian legislation which is designed by the experienced expert team of AKADEMIK who have invested their long-year experience of legal research to suit your needs.
The "full text search" option is placed under the main search, where all regulations and decisions of the Constitutional and the regular courts that contain the text you have requested will be displayed by entering one or several words. Beneath the displayed titles of the regulations and decisions found as a result of your search, you can see the first three results where the required text occurs, given in a sentence context, so you can understand better and faster whether these are your required results. The displayed regulations and decisions are listed according to the frequency of occurrence of the entered text.
For those who have more detailed information regarding the regulation they are looking for, the most useful will be the "advanced search" tool. Click it, and you will see a tool where you can combine several search parameters. You have at your disposal: text for searching inside the regulation itself, type of regulation chosen from the combo box, title or part of the title of the regulation, U. no. for the decisions of the Constitutional Court, number of the “Official Gazette” where the regulation has been published, year of publication of the regulation. The last option enables you to search for the regulations published within a time frame that suits you most.
The flexible possibilities to combine the parameters provide you with fast and straightforward access to the requested regulations.
During any of the above explained ways of searching, the results are displayed in the center of the page. By clicking the title of the regulation, it will open in front of you.
AFTER YOU OPEN THE REGULATION…
When the requested regulation opens, the neatly prepared text is at your disposal. In the upper, right corner there are information explaining the regulation in detail: type of regulation, number of the "Official Gazette" where it has been published, date of publishing, areas of legislation within the classifications it belongs to, as well as the Albanian and British flags that will lead you to the Albanian and English texts of the Law, provided that they are translated up to the moment of your search.
- The laws offer the possibility to immediately see the by-laws and the individual acts adopted on the basis of the respective law, and you can open them by a simple click. They are chronologically sorted for greater clarity.
- Additional value when displaying the laws and the by-laws is the function “Chronology”, where the original text of the law, all its amendments, as well as the corrigenda and the decisions of the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Macedonia, that have legal effect on the respective law, that is, the amendments and corrigenda of the by-laws are chronologically sorted. All listed regulations can be opened by clicking the appropriate link. Analogously, the Constitutional amendments are displayed under the Constitution of the Republic of Macedonia.
- For the purpose of facilitating the research through the legal documents, within the texts of the regulations, wherever necessary, we have entered footnotes that give additional useful information about the individual provisions or explain possible illogical matters in the regulation and drafting mistakes. The first footnote in the “consolidated text” of the category “Laws”, always explains which other regulations affect the law.
- At the bottom of the “consolidated text” and, if needed, at the bottom of the “original text” you can find notes and warnings, where separately and precisely all the provisions of the laws amending, or other laws that have legal effect on the displayed law are entered, but due to their normative-legal nature they can not be integrated in the provisions of the law. The notes and warnings are in their original form, as stated in their regulations of origin, with the title entered right before the quoted provision. The rare exceptions to this rule are always accompanied by a footnote, explaining in detail the legal matter and assisting you to handle the not always clear legal provisions.
- All the provisions regulating the entry into force of the law, that is, the beginning of its application, which deviates from the rule for usual "vacatio legis", that is, the period of 8 days from the day of publishing the regulation, are entered in the field “warning” (exclamation mark icon).
- The laws also offer the possibility to see the court cases linked to them, by a simple click on the link “Decisions of the Regular Courts”. In order to offer you more efficient review of the court cases based on a specific law, we have entered the number of the court decision, the name of the court that has adopted it, the legal basis and the law based on which it has been adopted in the name of each court decision. Once you open the desired decision, conclusion, opinion or position, you will see the basic information and classifications of the decision by type and type of the court procedure in specific area in the upper right corner, which are meant to facilitate your further analysis or research.
- Finally, the tailor-made “floating toolbar” follows you wherever you are within the text and is at your disposal. It enables you to increase and decrease the text, by simply clicking the „А А А“ options, to continue the search without going back to the search tools via especially created search for “Laws”, “By-laws” and “Decisions of the Constitutional Court”, quickly to go back to the top or down to the page, as well as for the purpose of saving your time, to find and color one or more words, or part of a word, so as to be easy to notice. So, when reading long texts, this will be the easiest way to find the part of the regulation you are interested in.
Since the Albanian and the English sections of this program contain the Constitution of the Republic of Macedonia, all of its amendments, and also laws, both in consolidated and original texts, the above mentioned instructions for use are analogously applied to the contents of these program sections.
Pay attention to the Albanian and the British flags in the Macedonian section of AKADEMIKA. A simple click will take you to the same page in the Albanian and English section, and vice-versa, the Macedonian flag in the Albanian and English sections will take you to the respective page in the Macedonian section.
Hoping you are enjoying the high-tech performances of AKADEMIKA created by the experienced and professional legal team,
We wish you a successful work